Bilingualism in Latin America IV

I presented a paper about the different roles languages other than English play in classrooms at a school that is nominally “English as a Second Language”, placing them along formal/informal and teacher/student axes. As was required by the conference, the slides are in Spanish.

Please cite as:
Chu, H. (2011, June). Multilingualism in “English as a Second Language” in a high school for recent immigrants. Paper presented at the Fourth Bilingualism in Latin America Symposium.

Another paper was based upon my experiences at the school where I taught for five years. The slides again are in Spanish.

Please cite as:
Chu, H., & Garcia, O. (2011, July). New forms of bilingual education in the United States for a new century. Paper presented at the Fourth Bilingualism in Latin America Symposium.

Finally, I also presented an overview of the educational landscape for Latinos and emergent bilinguals in New York City largely based on previous presentations, but the slides are in Spanish.

Chu, H. (2011, July). Beyond programs: New variations and configurations for bilingual education in New York City high schools. Paper presented at the Fourth Bilingualism in Latin America Symposium.

Posted in Latinos, Multilingualism, NYC.

0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.